CineFestival en San Antonio, the nation’s original and longest-running Latino film festival, will celebrate its 35th anniversary February 23-March 2, 2013
Eight days of the best in contemporary U.S. and International Latino films at the Historic Guadalupe Theater, en San Antonio. The program boasts current and relevant films but without pretense. Its grassroots history and approach provide community members immediate access to and interesting encounters with the artists that create beautiful films. Here, in a fertile and innovative climate, life-long learners, filmgoers and community, are invited to honor and celebrate the presentation of Latino art.
Join us at the 2013 edition to celebrate the 35th Anniversary of CineFestival.
Past guests and filmmakers have included:
Luis Valdez, Miguel Arteta, Guillermo del Toro, Lourdes Portillo, Culture Clash, Edward James Olmos, Benjamin Bratt, Jimmy Smits, Guillermos Gomez Pena, and some of the new voices in Latino film such as Aurora Guerrero, Alex Rivera, and Cruz Angeles.
Other CineFestival highlights include:
- Local, national and international film screenings in five categories: narrative feature, documentary, short, emerging artist,
- Master classes: theme-based workshops that encourage discussion and critique of contemporary and historical issues.
- Q&A sessions, panel and informal discussions: Filmmakers travel to San Antonio for their film screenings, then participate in pre- and post-screening receptions, Q&A discussions and special party events that are open to the public; casual and relaxed, these events are created specifically to encourage dialogue with the artists.
- Networking opportunities are provided for both filmmakers and audience.
- Involvement by youth filmmakers on a special screening night dedicated to local talents.
- Awards celebration for invited filmmakers, and the public includes the prestigious Premio Mesquite awards for Best Feature, Best Short, Best Documentary, Emerging Artist, Work in Media and Special Jury award
Stay tuned for more information and like us and follow us on our Facebook page to keep up with information regarding panels, films, and added special events.