The Guadalupe Cultural Arts Center seeks a full-time professional Development Director to work closely with the Executive Director to plan and execute a strategic resource development program that encompasses annual giving, major gifts, public and foundation grants, corporate sponsorships, program support/earned income, special events and a capital campaign. This position provides administrative, financial and strategic oversight, and manages all fiscal stewardship and reporting with the assistance of other development staff.
As a key part of the collaborative leadership team that is working to initiate the Guadalupe’s upcoming facility expansion, this position provides significant professional growth opportunity. There is an expectation that the individual selected to fill this position will help to lead and guide GCAC to significant and sustainable growth in resource development capacity to support the organization’s expanding facilities and programmatic offerings.
Applicants should demonstrate an understanding of GCAC’s mission and the ability to effectively communicate that mission in its many dimensions. A bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience is required. To apply, please send resume with a cover letter to the firstname.lastname@example.org; applications will be accepted only electronically. Salary based on experience.
Job Title: Development Director
Reports To: Executive Director
Summary: The Guadalupe Cultural Arts Center (GCAC) Development Director leads the GCAC resource development efforts alongside the Executive Director, including planning for and management of all foundation, government, corporate and individual prospecting, cultivation, solicitation and communication, as well as program/earned income.
Individual Donor Program
- Develops and manages the annual fund drive
- Develops and manages membership program and strategies.
- Identifies, prioritizes, develops strategies for and solicits major donors/prospects
- Oversees special campaigns and appeals
- Oversees individual donor communications and solicitations calendar
- Ensures accurate recording of all individual gifts and donor information
- Leads annual membership meeting.
Grant Funding and Sponsorships
- Oversees and implements strategies that will grow annual grant revenues
- Writes proposals and secures funding from foundation, governmental and corporate sources
- In coordination with Executive Director, builds and sustains relationships with current, new and potential grant-awarding organizations
- Oversees grant application and reporting calendar
- Solicits high-level in-kind contributions and sponsorships for programs, special events and other GCAC projects.
- Coordinates all aspects of GCAC’s fundraising events, festivals and galas
- Oversees and provides leadership for event committees’ planning meetings
- Creates and oversees event budgets and timelines
- Oversees catering/decorations/entertainment/equipment/logistics arrangements for all events.
- Assists Executive Director and campaign counsel with organizational planning and execution of capital campaign
- Assists Executive Director and campaign counsel with creation of relevant internal and external collateral materials and campaign reporting/tracking documents
- Oversees timelines/reporting/budgets of campaign.
- Works with staff to determine user fees and target revenues for programming efforts, including admissions, tuition, rentals, product sales and related endeavors.
- Identifies opportunities for additional revenue generation from traditional and non-traditional sources.
General Management of Development Program
- Develops annual development plan to corresponding budget, outlining both revenues and expenses; monitors progress against goals and produces monthly reports on activities and progress for the Executive Director
- Collaborates with staff, consultants and board members to gather stories and statistics that demonstrate the organization’s work on behalf of its grantors and donors
- Works as an effective and proactive GCAC team player
- Collaborates with staff to ensure that publications and website include donor-focused content
- Oversees donor acknowledgment process, including the update and maintenance of all donor walls
- Assists Executive Director with development-related committees
- Meets with Executive Director regularly to ensure that development activities are on task and that goals are being met
- Completes other duties, as assigned.
About the Guadalupe Cultural Arts Center
The Guadalupe Cultural Arts Center was founded in 1980 as a nonprofit, multidisciplinary organization. Located in the heart of San Antonio’s west side, the Guadalupe is the largest community-based, multi-disciplinary organization in the United States. The mission of the Guadalupe Cultural Arts Center is to preserve, promote and develop the arts and culture of the Chicano/Latino/Native American peoples for all ages and backgrounds through public and educational programming in six disciplines: Dance, Literature, Media Arts, Theater Arts, Visual Arts and Music.
The Guadalupe’s vision is to embrace the diverse imagination of the Latino/Chicano people for all of San Antonio. To achieve its mission, the Guadalupe Cultural Arts Center has created a full innovative palate of artistic, educational, and community programs.